Fellow Food Fiends

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Pho Dat Thanh - Vietnamese

Pho Dat Thanh  -  Towson    Ghost Rating  90/100

This is one of my favorite establishments in all of Baltimore, I have been dozens times without a bad experience! They undoubtedly, hands down, serve up the best Hot Pho (Vietnamese Rice Noodle Soup) in all of Baltimore County.  The service (once they notice you are there) is rapid and seamless. The menu is extremely affordable with a ton of choices and the portions are huge! This is a great place to bring friends and kick back. The Decor is almost nonexistent and the music is hilarious, you will here G n' R & the Eagles guaranteed.

We started with their Vietnamese Summer Rolls with Peanut Sauce which are super tasty, light & refreshing. They Have a fair amount of shrimp & pork and are priced under $4. We also had The Roasted Quail with Salt & Lime which is a really nice surprise,  the quail is cooked perfectly with crispy skin and is nowhere near dry. I usually order one of three different Pho dishes on the menu. The one I ordered today and almost very other time is the D1, House Special Pho, with: Brisket, Flank, Rib-Eye, Tripe, Soft Tendon,Veggies, Hot Peppers, Fresh Herbs & Beef Broth...Unreal! This bowl of soup almost rivals the Pho on the West Coast which is the best in America. The Broth is super savory and not too salty, the meat is always fresh and they load you up with a garnish plate 7 inches high (Bean Sprouts, Cilantro, Thai Basil, Jalapeno). My girlfriend had the C4 which is an egg noodle chicken broth soup with veggies & chicken. It's a nice spicy dish loaded with veggies, a great healthy option. She usually gets this as well, when you crave Pho, you know what you are ordering hours before arrival! If ordering any dishes with vegetables make sure and ask for No mushrooms, they use canned mushrooms which is my only complaint about the food here. I eat here about every 2 weeks and I cant wait to go back!

Food  -  94   /   Service  -  92   /   Atmosphere  -  80   /   Value  -  95
Overall Ghost Rating   90/100

UPDATE: My girlfriend got Food Poisoning here the other day from chicken, I am so sad because I love this place so much and now we will never return. I have eaten here dozens of times with no problems what so ever, but it only takes one food poisoning to ruin a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment