Fellow Food Fiends

Thursday, April 26, 2012

GrrChee Gourmet Grilled Cheese

GrrChee - Gourmet Grilled Cheese -  Food Truck   Ghost Rating 54/100

I was so excited when I heard that their was a Grilled Cheese Truck in B-more. There is something to be said about a gooey, buttery, heart stopping grilled cheese that brings many of us back to childhood with just one bite. Unfortunately this time, this truck, not so much the case! The menu looked mouthwatering and man anticipation was high. How could someone @#$% up a grilled cheese right?

So I waited 15 minutes in line (totally acceptable for good street food ) to get to the window and place my order. I was greeted with a blank stare, no emotion and a slight attitude. The guy just looked at me, he didn't say a word through the whole transaction...very strange. Anyway, I order two grilled cheeses and paid just under 30$ for the 2 sandwiches. I stood in line again for another 20 minutes to receive my food. (Still completely acceptable for good street food)

I ordered the Lobster Mac Grilled Cheese and the Jalapeno, Bacon & Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese, both sounded stellar!  The Lobster was the sub-standard frozen product, the macaroni noodles were way overcooked and soggy and the cheese sauce was non-existent. That's just the beginning, the kicker, the cheese slices were not even remotely melted at all and the bread was bone dry. This sandwich was $16 and one of the worst things I've ever eaten. Four of us tried this sandwich and it was unanimous  - Garbaggio!

Next was the Jalapeno Grilled Cheese: Sounded great, once again the cheese was nowhere near melted and the bread was desert storm dry. The flavors on this one were nice, just a horrific execution. I even paid an extra dollar for the "Parmesan Crust", it was two bites worth of parm in the center, no crust in sight....No French Fries available either, only low grade plain chips, at least use UTZ chips people, wtf.

I'm sure this truck has it's good days, it must, but I will avoid at all costs!

Food - 52   /   Service  -  45   /   Atmosphere  -  N/A   /   Value  -  65
Overall Ghost Rating  -  54/100

No comments:

Post a Comment